Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Death of Sally Snert

Hello, Abandoned Blog. My little dainty hedgehog, Sally Snert, passed on in August. I noticed that she was shaking, just a little tiny bit, before I went away overnight. When I returned she was dead in the corner of the cage, prickled up & stiff. Poor, sweet little Snert.

Then, unfortunately, I FROZE her. Thinking that, ok, this will preserve her so that I can take her to the vet & the vet can discover what happened. Wrong. To have viable tissue to study, you must REFRIGERATE, not freeze.

So I will never really know what happened. It did seem to me that Sally Snert hadn't grown much, and she was nowhere near as large as Felicity. She was incredibly easy-going, but I wonder if that was because she felt sick? Snert also never, never made any noise. Perhaps something was wrong with her internally? Perhaps a kitty scared her to death? I will never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment