Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The naming of hogs is a serious business


Newbie now has a name! It will be revealed at the end of this post. I started with this list, in no particular order:
  • Truffle
  • Mocha
  • Fern
  • Flower
  • Sally Snert
  • Heidi Hog
  • Lucy
  • Millicent
  • Piglet

I liked all of them and all went well with Felicity. Some just didn't fit Newbie's personality, though. I threw out Millicent & Lucy. Millicent is too cold & formal for her, and Lucy too boring. Mocha, while fitting nicely with her looks, made her sound too edible. Then Heidi Hog went because I just didn't like it enough.

So now I had the short list:
  • Fern
  • Flower
  • Sally Snert
  • Piglet
  • Truffle

Then, I passed the short list to The Boy, my son, to select the final name. It didn't take him long before he decided on......


SALLY SNERT!

2 comments:

  1. Love it!! And it DOES fit her! Great idea, and wonderful final choice. I approve wholeheartedly (in case that hadn't come through)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you! The boyfriend & I thought of Snert for a boy hedgie. I didn't want to let it go, and it wasn't quite right by itself, so I added Sally.

    ReplyDelete