Tuesday, June 16, 2009

So, how do the hedgies get along?

Felicity HufflePuff Hedgehog, the original hog, is a snuggler and a sweetie. She has been to visit a classroom of Baltimore City first graders, where she allowed everyone to handle her at least a bit! By the end, she had had enough, and turned into a little ball of prickles and a nose. Nonetheless, I was a little anxious about how she would react to Newbie, the latest acquisition to the household.

I put Newbie into the bathtub for a temporary home. Safe from escape, as she can't get up the sides, easy to clean up her little poops, safe from kitty-cats who might think she's a snack. (I'm looking at you, Annabelle.) Then, I brought Felicity to the bathtub, as neutral territory. Felicity has been in the bathtub twice in her life, as we do baths in the sink. How did it go? Lots of sniffling, and a bit of huffing and puffing and spiking up, but overall wonderfully well!
What was I worried about?

No comments:

Post a Comment